- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoHi, NUMCHOK,To insert only the time, you can apply the =now() formula, and then format the date time cell to time format as you need.You can also apply the below formula:=TEXT(NOW(), "hh:mm:ss AM/PM")Both above methods can help you, please try, thank you!
How to insert current date and time in Excel?
Do you need to display the current date and time automatically no matter when you open the workbook or recalculate in formulas? You can insert a dynamic time to get it. And this article is going to show you how to insert all kinds of current time in cells, including the current year, current month, current date, current weekday, and current time, etc.
We can apply functions to insert all kinds of current time in cells directly.
Insert current Timestamp in cell with formula
Sometimes you may need to insert a timestamp in cells for any other purpose, such as making an expenses report, exercise schedules in Excel.
Just enter the formula of =Now() in a blank cell, and press the Enter key, it will show the current timestamp in the cell, see screenshot:
Insert current Date in cell with formula
You may require a current date in cells. For example, you design an invoice form, you need the date automatically change and show as the data that you make the invoice.
Just enter the formula of =Today() in a blank cell, and press the Enter key. And now it shows the current date as follows:
Insert current Year in cell with formula
Sometimes it only requires a dynamic current year in cells, so you can enter the formula of =YEAR(TODAY()) in a blank cell and press the Enter key. Then it displays the dynamic current year in the cell.
Insert current Month in cell with formula
If the dynamic current month is required, you can enter the formula of =MONTH(TODAY()) in a blank cell, press the Enter key, and get the current month in cell.
Insert current day of week in cell with formula
The formula of =TEXT(NOW(),"dddd") can help you get the dynamic current weekday in cells quickly.
You can insert current time and current date in cells quickly with keyboards shortcuts.
Select a blank cells, and press the Ctrl key and ; key together, and it displays the current date in the cell.
If you press the Ctrl key, Shift key, and ; key together, it displays the current time in the cell.
Please note that the current time inserted with keyboard shortcuts is not dynamic, and it won't change when the real time changes.
Sometimes, you want to insert the current date and time, file path, filename, user name or other workbook information into cell, header or footer, please, don’t worry, Kutools for Excel’s Insert Workbook Information can help you insert these information quickly and easily.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now )
1. Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Insert Workbook Information, see screenshot:
2. In the Insert Workbook Information dialog box, choose the information that you want to insert, and then specify the location where you want to insert at, see screenshot:
3. After specify the operations, please click Ok button, and your needed information has been inserted into the cell, header or footer as you want.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoI require to insert ONLY the time..... NO date.....
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 years agoI Require Date & time
When the Insart Any Number in cell A1 Then Auto generated Date Time on B1.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 years agoI require to insert ONLY the time..... NO date.....
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Dynamic Time
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 years agogr8.. :D :lol: i found the website too informative and interesting