How to insert/apply bullets and numbering into multiple cells in Excel?
We can apply bullets and numberings for paragraph easily in Microsoft Word. However, it seems not possible to apply the bullets and numbering in cells of Microsoft Excel. Apart from copying the bullets and numbering from Word documents to workbook, the following tricky ways will help you apply the bullets and numbering in cells of Excel quickly.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, there is no Bullet and Numbering command in Excel. But we can insert mimic symbols in cells which look like bullets.
1. Double click the cell that you will insert symbols, and put the cursor at the position where you will insert the symbols, and click Insert > Symbol.
2. In the Symbol dialog box, find and select a symbol that you will insert, and click the Insert button.
In this case, select the Calibri from the Font: drop down box, and select the Geometric Shapes from the Subset: drop down box, and you will find a lot of bullets symbols.
Then it inserts one bullet symbol in the active cell.
You can insert as many bullet symbols as possible in the active cell. If you insert hard carriage in the active cell, you can apply bullet symbols for each line. See the following screen shot:
Note: You can also apply shortcuts to insert bullet marks into one cell. click to know more
To batch apply bullets to all cells in a specified range, you can apply Kutools for Excel's Add Text utility.
1. Select the range that you will apply bullets to all cells, and click the Kutools > Text > Add Text.
2. In the opening Add Text dialog box, you need to:
For more shortcut keys of special characters, please visit: http://www.alt-codes.net/
(1) In the Text box type a mark you will apply as bullet. For example, press Alt + 41457 keys successively to insert the mark . See hot keys for bullets in left table:
(2) In the Position section, check the Before first character option.
(3) Click the Ok button.
Then you will see the specified bullet is added into all cells in the selected range. see below screen shot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its new Insert Bullets or Insert Numbering features to quickly insert bullets or numbers into multiple selected cells with only one click.
Select the cells you will insert bullets for, and click Kutools > Insert >Insert Bullet, and then select one of bullets from the submenu. And now the specified bullet has been inserted into all selected cells at once. See screenshot:
For inserting numberings into multiple cells, please select these cells, click Kutools > Insert > Insert Numbering, and then specify a numbering style from the submenu. See screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThanks a lot, it helped !! Thanks again !!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoMS excel does not allow to add auto bullets, you have to do manually and the best way is. alt + 7 ( num key pad) • like this. :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoYou are an angel - thanks so much it was drivng me crazy!!!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you! it was driving me crazy and its too late to phone a friend to remind me how to make a bullet point. It is really funny that it only works with my number key pad, so grateful I have one on my laptop
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoHow do you add bullet points if you have a list within a cell without having to manually insert a point in front of each word. For example, each cell has a list such as:
Fluency of Ideas
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.