How to cancel one meeting in a series in Outlook?
Outlook provides you with a function of cancelling one meeting in a series without deleting the entire series. And the attendees will be noticed of the cancellation of a particular meeting with the cancellation email they received. For cancelling one meeting only in a series, please look at the following tutorial.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
1. Go to the Calendar view.
2. Select and double click the occurrence meeting which you want to cancel.
3. In the Open Recurring Item dialog box, please check the Open this occurrence box, and then click OK button. See screenshot:
Tip: In Outlook 2013, please check Just this one option in the Open Recurring Item dialog box, see screenshot:
4. In the Meeting Occurrence window, please click Cancel Meeting under Meeting Occurrence tab.
5. When the Confirm Delete dialog box popping up, check the Delete this occurrence box, and then click OK button.
Note: You can just select the meeting and then click Cancel Meeting > Cancel Occurrence under Meeting Series tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
6. Then click Send Cancellation button to send the message.
The specific meeting has been deleted from your own calendar, and also, the cancelled meeting will be removed from the attendees’ calendar after they receive and accept your cancellation update.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.