How to set an email account as the default account in Outlook?
When there are multiple email accounts existing in your Outlook, there must be a default account among them. If you want to change another email account as the default account, what can you do? With this tutorial, you can learn how to set an email account as the default account in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
1. Open the Account Settings dialog box.
1). In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. See screenshot:,
2). In Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Account Settings. See screenshot:
2. In the Account Settings dialog box, please select an email account which you want to set as the default account, and then click Set as Default under E-mail tab.
3. Then click Close button in the Account Settings dialog box to close it. And the specified account has been set as the default account in your Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.