How to add or remove flag status column in Outlook?
No matter you view emails in the Compact view or in the Single view in Microsoft Outlook, you can add a follow up flag for an email quickly with clicking the gray flag icon behind it. See screen shot:
Sometimes, the flag status column disappears and you want to add it to the mail view; while sometimes you may need to hide this column. In this article, I will introduce ways to remove the flag status column from Mail view, and add the flag status column into the Mail view in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This method is about removing the flag status column from the Mail view in your Microsoft Outlook easily.
Step 1: Click to open the mail folder that you will remove the flag status column from.
Step 2: Open the Advanced View Settings: Compact dialog box,
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Customize Current View.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the View Settings button in the Current View group on the View tab.
Step 3: In the popping up dialog box, please click the Columns button. (In Outlook 2007, click the Fields button)
Step 4: Then the Show Columns dialog box comes out, and:
- Click to highlight the Flag Status in the Show these columns in this order box;
- Click the Remove button.
Step 5: Click the both OK buttons to exit dialog boxes.
Then the flag status column is removed from the current opening mail folder immediately.
This method will help you add the flag status column into a certain mail folder easily.
Step 1: Click to open a certain mail folder that you will add the flag status column into.
Step 2: In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Customize Current View; in Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the View Settings button on the View tab.
Step 3: In the popping up dialog box, click the Columns (or Fields button in Outlook 2007).
Step 4: In the coming Show Columns dialog box, click the box below Select available columns from, and select the All Mail fields in the drop down list.
Step 5: Go ahead and click to highlight the Flag Status in the Available columns: box, and then click the Add button.
Step 6: Click both OK buttons in two dialog boxes.
Then the Flag Status column is added into current opening mail folder.
Note: You can apply current view to other mail folders with clicking the Change View > Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders on the View tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.