How to show folders in search results in Outlook?
By default, when you enable the search function in Outlook emails, the search results will be listed and sorted by date. If you search for All Mail Items, obviously you have no idea of which folders the search results are locating in at a glance. You need to put your cursor on the email and find the folder in the email screen tip, just like the below screenshot shows.
Actually, there is an easily way for you to directly show folders in search results. Please follow the following tutorial.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
1. Enable the Search, after all the search results are listed in the Mail list pane, go to the View tab.
2. In the View tab, click the button to expand the Arrangement box.
3. Then select Folder in the Arrangement box.
4. Then the email search results are sorted by folder immediately.
As the below screenshot shows, some email search results are locating in a folder named “Important”.
If you are using Outlook 2007, you can also classify the filtered emails by folder as you want.
1. Search for your desired messages firstly.
2. And then click View > Arrange By > Folder, see screenshot:
3. And your filtered messages have been arranged by folder as following screenshot shown. You can easily see which folder the emails are locating.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.