How to sort emails by sender in Outlook?
By default, Outlook email messages are arranged by Date. In this article, I will show you a method of sorting emails by sender in Outlook. Please do as follows.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook, there are two methods for you to sort emails by senders. Please do as follows.
1. Please get into the email folder which you want to sort emails by senders inside.
2. Then go to the View tab, click From in the Arrangement group. See screenshot:
3. Then you can see the emails in this specified folder are arranged by sender as follow screenshot shows.
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Arrange By > From.
Besides the above method 1, you can also sort emails by sender as following method.
1. Please click View > View Settings. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
2. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box (in Outlook 2007, it is Customize View: Messages dialog box), please click Sort button. When the Sort dialog box pops up, please select From in the Sort items by drop down list. And then click OK button in each dialog box.
Then all emails in the selected folder are sorted by email senders automatically.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoI want to number my incoming and outgoing emails to enable easy tracking and retrieval
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI'm with Seth above so a bump for this question?
This function only recently disappeared too.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI used to have a drop down to allow me to sort an individual mailbox by: Date, From, To, Etc..... However that has disappeared and I do not know if this is a setting or a change to Outlook 365 (which I use the outlook desktop app not online). Thank you for any help you can give. Seth
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agolarice monet brown needs 10 dollars a second on to her card/4565340734056608/text me at 804 709 8549 if I got the job.