How to sort tasks by categories or subject in Outlook?
In Outlook, you can sort tasks by categories or subject for your own needs. After sorting tasks by categories or subject, you can easily find the certain tasks in the Tasks List based on the specific categories or subject. This article will walk you through how to sort tasks by categories or subject in details.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For sorting tasks by categories, please do as follows.
1. Please get into the Tasks folder which you want to sort tasks by categories inside.
2. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, go to the View tab, and then click Categories in the Arrangement group. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Arrange By > Categories.
3. Then you will see all tasks in the selected folder are sorted by categories.
Besides sorting tasks by categories, tasks can also be sorted based on their subjects.
1. Get into the To-Do List Tasks folder or Tasks folder which you want to sort all tasks by subject.
2. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click View > View Settings.
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
3. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box (Customize View dialog box in Outlook 2007), please click the Sort button. See screenshot:
4. When the Sort dialog box popping up, please select Subject from the Sort items by drop-down list, and choose the sort order Ascending or Descending as you need, then click OK button.
5. Then a prompt box will pop up, please click the Yes button.
6. When it returns to previous dialog box, click OK button to finish the whole settings.
Then all tasks in the selected Tasks folder are sorted by subject immediately. See screenshot:
Note: When you apply this feature to sort by subject, please make sure your tasks list is not in the categories status.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.