How to clear all or repair reminders in Outlook?
You may have added reminders for many appointments, tasks, or email messages in Microsoft Outlook before. In some conditions, reminders are required to removed and cleared. In this article, we will show you easy ways to remove reminders for specified appointments, task, and email messages, and mass remove and repair all reminders in Outlook as well.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
If you need to clear the reminder for a specified appointment or meeting in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Calendar view, and double click to open an appointment whose reminder you will remove.
Step 2: In the Appointment window, click the button in the Reminder box on the Appointment (or Meeting) tab, and select the None from the drop down menu. See screen shot below:
Step 3: Click the Save & Close button to exit the Appointment or Meeting window.
The following steps will guide you to remove a reminder for a specified task in Microsoft Outlook easily.
Step 1: Shift to the Tasks view, and double click to open the specified task whose reminder you will remove.
Step 2: In the Task window, uncheck the Reminder below the Due date box. See screen shot below:
Step 3: Click the Save & Close button on the Task tab.
To remove a reminder for a specified email message in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, right click the flag icon behind the specified email message whose reminder you will remove, and select the Add Reminder from the right-clicking menu. See screen shot:
Step 2: In the popping up Custom dialog box, uncheck the Reminder, and click the OK button.
If you are going to clear all reminders existing in your Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Open the Reminder windows:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Reminders Window;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the Reminders Window button on the View tab.
Normally the Reminders dialog box comes out automatically when Microsoft Outlook starts. If the Reminders dialog box pops up, skip to the next step.
Step 2: In the popping up Reminder dialog box, click the Dismiss All button.
Note: In the Reminder dialog box, it’s OK to remove a specified reminder with highlighting it and clicking the Dismiss button.
Step 3: In the popping up warning dialog box, please click the Yes button.
Note: Take it easy if you don’t view this warning dialog box. That’s because you have checked the Do not show this message again in the warning dialog box before.
Sometimes, even you have removed or cleared a specified reminder, it comes out again. This method will show you how to repair corrupted reminders quickly in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Close and exit your Microsoft Outlook.
Step 2: Press the Windows key and R key simultaneously on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
Step 3: In the Run dialog box, type the outlook.exe /cleanreminders in the Open box, and click the OK button. See screen shot below:
Then it will open your Microsoft Outlook with all reminders cleared and regenerated at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.