How to prevent Outlook folder from being move or drag and drop?
Have you ever encountered the issue that you accidentally drag an email subfolder to other subfolders, and really don’t know which folder contains your moved subfolder? Then you have to browse all the subfolders just for looking for that accidental dragging subfolder. Is there any way for preventing Outlook folder from being move or drag and drop? Actually Outlook has no method for solving this problem. But you can enable your mouse’s clicklock and change its settings to achieve this.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For preventing Outlook folder from being move or drag and drop, please do as follows.
1. Please click the Start button, then click Control Panel. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up window, please select Large icons or Small icons in the View by drop-down list, then click Mouse.
3. In the Mouse Properties dialog box, please check the Turn on ClickLock box, and then click the Settings button.
4. In the Settings for ClickLock dialog box, adjust how long you need to hold down a mouse by moving the button to the left or right. Then click the OK button.
5. When it returns to the Mouse Properties dialog box, click OK button. Then close the Control Panel window.
Now, when you dragging a subfolder to other subfolders, the selection folder won’t be released until you click again. And that will prevent the subfolder being drag and drop accidentally.
Note: After turning on this ClickLock function, there may be some affects in other applications when you selecting. You can go to the Mouse Properties dialog box to disable this feature by unchecking Turn on ClickLock option.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.