How to open the IMAP/Calendar folder by default when Outlook starts?
Normally Microsoft Outlook opens the Inbox folder in your default Outlook data file when launching. In some cases, some users need their Calendars or IMAP folders to be opened automatically when Outlook launching. Here I will show you how to configure your Microsoft Outlook’s settings, and let the IMAP/Calendar folder opens by default when Microsoft Outlook starts.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To change the default opening folder when Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013 starts, please do as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Advanced in left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Outlook start and exit section, and click the Browse button.
Step 4: In the popping up Select Folder dialog box, select a folder from the Start in this folder: box, and click the OK button.
- If you want to open an IMAP folder by default when opening Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please select a folder under your IMAP account name, such as folders of Gmail. See screen shot above.
- If you want to open the calendar folder by default when opening Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please expand a data file, and select the Calendar folder. See screen shot above.
After configuring the settings, it will open the Calendar folder or IMAP folder automatically when Microsoft Outlook starts.
This section will guide you to change the default opening folder when you are opening Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, please click the Advanced Options button on the Other tab.
Step 3: Then the Advanced Options dialog box pops up. Please click the Browse button behind the Startup in this folder: box.
Step 4: In the Select Folder dialog box, click to highlight the Calendar folder or IMAP folder you want to open by default when Outlook starts, and click OK button.
Step 5: Click both OK buttons in two dialog boxes.
From now on, after you launch Microsoft Outlook 2007, the specified Calendar folder or IMAP folder will open automatically.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.