How to disable permanently deleting confirmation in Outlook?
By default, when we delete an email message permanently with pressing the Shift + Delete keys simultaneously, it will pop up a permanently delete confirmation shown as following screen shot. Some Outlook users may think it annoyed and want to disable the warning dialog box. In this article, I will introduce the ways about how to disable the permanently deleting confirmation in Outlook easily.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can follow this way to disable the permanently deleting confirmation quickly.
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In Outlook Options dialog box, click the Advanced in the left bar, go to the Other section, and uncheck the option of Prompt for confirmation before permanently deleting items. See screen shot below:
Step 3: Click the OK button to close this dialog box.
From now on, the permanently deleting confirmation dialog box won’t come out when you permanently delete any item from Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
In Outlook 2007, you can disable the permanently deleting confirmation with following steps:
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, click the Advanced Options button on the Other tab.
Step 3: In the coming Advanced Options dialog box, uncheck the option of Warn before permanently deleting items.
Step 4: Click both OK buttons to close two dialog boxes.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.