How to save Outlook folder to disk, hard drive or desktop?
In many cases, you need to save your Outlook folder to disk, hard drive or desktop in order to import this folder information into another Outlook account or for other usage. For saving Outlook folder to disk, hard drive or desktop, you need to export the specified folder from Outlook. Please follow the below tutorial.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please do as follows to save Outlook folder to disk, hard drive or desktop.
1. Open the Import and Export Wizard dialog box.
In Outlook 2013, please click File > Open & Export > Import/Export;
In Outlook 2010, please click File > Open > Import;
In Outlook 2007, please click File > Import and Export.
2. In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, please click Export to a file, then click the Next button.
3. Then click Outlook Data File (.pst) in Outlook 2010 and 2013 or Personal Folder File (.pst) in Outlook 2007, then click the Next button.
4. In the Export Outlook Data File/Export Personal Folder dialog box, you need to do as follows.
1). Select an Outlook folder which you want to export under a certain account in the Select the folder to export from box;
2). If you want to export the folder includes all its subfolders, please check the Include subfolders box;
3). Click the Next button. See screenshot:
5. In the next Export Outlook Data File/Export Personal Folder dialog box, click the Browse button.
Note: You can choose what you need from the three Options.
6. Then the Open Outlook Data Files/Open Personal Folders dialog box pops up, you need to:
1). Rename the .pst file in the File name field if you need;
2). Choose the location where to save the file;
If you want to save the file to the disk or hard drive, please find and select them;
If you just want to save it to the desktop, please click Desktop in the left pane.
3). Click the OK button.
7. Then it returns to the Export Outlook Data File/Export Personal Folder dialog box, please click the Finish button.
8. Then a Create Outlook Data File/ Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box will pop out to remind you whether you want to add password to protect the exported pst. file or not.
1). If you don’t want to insert the password, you just need to click OK button to finish the operation;
2). And if you want to insert the password, type you password into the boxes and then click the OK button.
Then the selected folder is exported as .pst file immediately.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello, if I export my outlook folders to a folder which I then back up, will my inbox still be there as it was ? to me, export means move the folder completely to a different place
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWhen I am saving all the emails to the computer I am getting an error that says unknown error. Do you know why that could be happening
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI followed the instruction to export e-mails from outlook2016. It appears on IE icon. When I click it says 'open' or 'openand save'. When I click on open nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I would like to save my e-mails. Thank you.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoYou need to open the file inside of outlook, or it will not work. Make sure the file is a .PST file, and then open outlook, go to file Open & export and "open outlook data file"
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSo after this is complete, if I delete or deactivate the email account from which the folders came from will I still be able to open and view the emails that were saved in the pst file on Outlook?? Please and thanks.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agofrom outlook2016 I have exported my emails. They appear on my desktop with Internet explorer icon. When I click it it says open or save. when I click open nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I would like to save my emails. Thank you.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI would like to specify in the account settings at the bottom of the settings specify an folder on a removable hard drive. Is this possible?