How to disable auto hyperlink in Outlook?
By default, when you type an email address or a web site in the email body, it will be automatically turned to hyperlink after pressing the Space or Enter key. If you don’t want the content you typed turned to hyperlink automatically, you need to disable the auto hyperlink function in Outlook. With this tutorial, you will learn how to disable auto hyperlink in Outlook with details.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please do as follows to disable auto hyperlink in Outlook.
1. Open the outlook Options dialog.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click File > Options. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box in Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click Mail in the left bar, then click the Editor Options button in the Compose messages section. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, go to the Spelling tab, then click the Spelling and AutoCorrection button.
3. In the Editor Options dialog box, click Proofing in the left bar, then go to the AutoCorrect options section and click the AutoCorrect Options button. See screenshot:
4. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, uncheck the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks box in the Replace section under AutoFormat tab.
5. Then go to the AutoFormat As You Type tab, uncheck the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks box, and finally click the OK button.
6. Click the OK buttons in the following dialog boxes to finish the whole setting.
From now on, when you type in email address, web site or other internet path in the email body won’t be automatically turned to hyperlink anymore.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.