How to access blocked attachments in Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook will automatically block some attachments which it detects potentially unsafe. For example, your friend sent you an attachment of an .exe file, when you open the email via Outlook, the attachment is blocked and invalid, and you can only see a warning sentence in the message header. See following screen shot. In this article, I will introduce a guidance to access blocked attachments in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To access blocked attachments which Outlook thinks potentially unsafe in Outlook, you can do as following:
Step 1: Open the Run dialog box with pressing the Win + R keys in a meanwhile, enter the regedit in the Open box, and then click the OK button.
Step 2: In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button.
Step 3: Now you get into the Registry Editor window, open the Security folder with following paths:
Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Security
Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security
Outlook 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security
Step 4: Click the Edit > New > String Value in the Registry Editor Window, and then name the new string as Level1Remove.
Step 5: Double click the new string of Level1Remove, then enter the file extended name in the Value data box, and click the OK button.
For example, you want to access blocked attachments of .exe files, just enter the .exe into the Value data box.
Note: To unblocked several kinds of files, just enter all of their extended names into the Value data box, and separate each extended name with semicolon (;), such as .exe; .msi
Step 6: Close the Registry Editor Window, and restart your Microsoft Outlook.
Then you will see the blocked attachment is unblocked, and you can access the unblocked attachment easily. See the following screen shot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.