How to add Back and Forward buttons to Outlook ribbon?
With the Back and Forward buttons in Outlook, you can quickly switch among views you have opened before. As these two buttons are not displayed in Outlook ribbon, in this tutorial, we will show you how to add Back and Forward buttons to Outlook ribbon.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you are using Outlook 2013, you can do as follows to add the back and forward button to the ribbon.
1. Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar button in the ribbon, and then click More Commands in the drop-down list. See screenshot:
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, you need to:
1). Select All Commands in the Choose commands from drop-down list;
2). Scroll down to find and select Back in the commands box, then click the Add button;
3). Find and select the Forward which has a right arrow icon before it in the commands box, then click the Add button;
4). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the Back and Forward buttons are added to Outlook ribbon.
In Outlook 2010, you can add the Back and Forward buttons to ribbon as follows.
1. Click the button in the ribbon, check the Back option in the drop-down menu to add it to the ribbon. And repeat the operation to add the Forward button. See screenshot:
1. In Outlook 2007, click the button in the ribbon, then click Add or Remove Buttons > Customize. See screenshot:
2. When the Customize dialog box pops up, please do as follows.
1). Click the Commands tab;
2). Select Advanced in the Categories box;
3). Select and drag the Back and Forward buttons separately from the Commands list box to the ribbon;
4). Close the Customize dialog box. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks. I could not find the back and forward options until now.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks for this tip, but let's be clear: this is adding the buttons to the quick access toolbar, not the ribbon!