How to count the number of emails by sender in Outlook?
For example you have received many emails from a specified sender in Outlook, and now you want to count the total number of emails by the sender, how to get it done? There are two workarounds to archive it:
- Count the number of emails by sender with Outlook’s Instant Search feature
- Count the number of emails by sender with Kutools for Outlook
- Count number of emails by two or more senders with Search Folder feature
In Outlook, we can search all emails by the specified sender in an email folder, and then get the total number of emails from the specified sender at the bottom of Navigation pane.
1. Select the email folder where you will count emails by sender, and put the cursor into the Instant Search box to activate the Search Tools. See screenshot:
2. Now click the From button on the Search tab.
And after clicking the From button, the text of from:”Sender Name” or from(Sender Name) is inserted into the Instant Search box automatically. See screenshot:
3. In the Instant Search box, please replace the Sender Name with the specified email address you will count emails by.
Now you will get the total number of emails sent by the specified sender at the bottom of Navigation Pane. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply the (Search by) Sender feature to search all emails from the specified sender with only one click. And then you will get the total number of emails from the specified sender.
In a specified folder, please select an email whose sender you will count emails by, and click Kutools > Sender. See screenshot:
Now all emails from the specified sender are found out, and you will get the total number of these emails at the bottom of Navigation Pane. See screenshot:
Both above methods count the total number of emails from one sender in Outlook. But, how about counting emails from two or more senders? Please view below solution:
1. In the Mail view, click the email account that you will count emails by senders within, and click Folder > New Search Folder.
2. In the opening New Search Folder dialog box, click to select the Mail from specific people option, and click the Choose button. See screenshot:
3. Now in the Select Names, add the senders’ email addresses into the From box, and click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in the New Search Folder dialog box.
Now a new search folder is created. Open the new search folder, and you will get the total number of emails from the two or more specified senders at the status bar. See screenshot:
Count number of emails by two or more senders with Advanced Find feature
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.