- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoexactly... that's terrible
How to show the number of unread items including subfolders in Outlook?
As we know, in Outlook the number beside folder name in Navigation Pane indicates how many unread items are there in the folder as right screenshot shown. However, the number does not plus the numbers of unread items in subfolders. But sometimes you just need to know the total number of unread items including subfolders, and how? Try below method:
- Show the number of unread items including subfolders with Search Folder feature
- Show the number of unread items including subfolders with Kutools for Outlook
This method will guide you to create a search folder to collect all unread items from the specified folder and its subfolders, and then show the total number of unread items in the search folder in Outlook.
1. Select the folder that you will show the number of unread items including the subfolders, and click Folder > New Search Folder.
2. In the New Search Folder, please click to highlight the Create a custom Search Folder option, and click the Choose button.
3. In the opening Custom Search Folder dialog box, please type a name for this new search folder in the Name box. See screenshot below:
4. Click the Criteria button to open the Search Folder Criteria dialog box, next go to the More Choices tab, check the Only items that are option, select unread from right drop down list, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
5. Now you return to the Custom Search Folder dialog box. Please click the Browse button to open the Select Folder(s) dialog box; next check the specified folder and Search subfolders option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Click OK > OK buttons to save the settings.
Now the new search folder is added in the Navigation pane, and the number beside the search folder indicates the total number of unread items in the specified folder and its subfolders. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Statistics feature to quickly show the total number of all unread items in a folder including its subfolders in Outlook. Please do as follows: Note: This Statistics feature is new in Kutools for Outlook 8.00 which is being tested and will be released sooner.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Statistics.
2. In the first Statistic dialog box, please only check the folder that you will count the total number of unread items including its subfolders, and click the OK button.
Note: By default, all folders are checked in the Statistics dialog box. You can uncheck them with right clicking any folder and selecting Uncheck All from the context menu.
And then you will see the total number of all unread items in the specified folder and its subfolders display at the top of the second Statistics dialog box. See screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoIt's amazing that you have to jump through so many hoops to not even get the function we need: To simply show the total of mails in the folder+subfolders ON the actual folder