How to highlight unread (new incoming) email messages in Outlook?
In Outlook 2016’s mail folders, unread emails are distinguished by showing subjects in small blue font as below screenshot shown. This may be not obvious enough to highlight unread emails. In this article, we provide a solution to highlight all unread emails with bigger red font.
You can change mail folders’ view settings to highlight all unread emails automatically in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder where you will highlight unread emails.
2. Click View > View Settings to open the Advanced View Settings dialog box.
3. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, please click the Conditional Formatting button. See screenshot:
4. Now you get into the Conditional Formatting dialog box, please click to highlight the Unread messages option in the Rules for this view box, and click the Font button. See screenshot:
5. In the popping up Font dialog box, please set the highlight formatting as you need.
In my case, I set the highlight formatting as Segoe UI, and Red Bigger Bold Italic font. See screenshot:
6. Click the OK > OK > OK buttons to save the view settings.
From now on all unread emails are automatically highlighted by the specified formatting.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.