How to insert/attach an image inline (in email body) in Outlook?
When copying an image from folder to an email in Outlook, the image will be automatically inserted as attachment in the Attachment Bar. But now I need to insert the image inline or in email body, any ideas? I get to solutions to fix it.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you need to insert images inline and display them normally, please get it done with below steps:
1. In your composing email, place the cursor where you will insert the image inline, and click Insert > Pictures.
2. In the Insert Picture dialog box, please open the folder containing the image you will insert inline, select the image, and click the Insert button. See screenshot:
3. Now the selected image is inserted inline and displayed as normal. See screenshot:
4. Please compose your email and sent it.
Sometimes, you would like to attach images in email body but not to display them. In this condition, you can attach images as icons in email body with below steps:
1. In the composing email, please click Insert > Attach File > Browse This PC (or Insert > Attach File).
2. Now in the Insert Picture dialog box, open the folder containing the images you will attach in email body, select these images, and click the Insert button. See screenshot:
3. Now the selected images are inserted as attachments in the Attachment Bar. Go ahead to click Format Text > Rich Text. See screenshot:
4. Now all attached images are moved from Attachment Bar to the email body and display as image icons (see screenshot below). Please compose your email and send it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.