How to print emails in chronological (reverse) order in Outlook?
When printing a batch of emails in Outlook, it always print emails from the most recently received ones to the earliest. But sometimes, I just need to print emails in chronological order. Any ideas? This article will introduce two solutions:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In general, emails are sorted by received time from latest to earliest, and so does the print order in Outlook. Therefore, we can print the emails in chronological order easily with reversing the sort order.
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder whose emails you will print, and click View > Reverse Sort. See screenshot:
2. Select the emails you will print, and click File > Print > Print Options.
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails by clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails by clicking the first one and the last one.
3. Now in the opening Print dialog box, please (1) specify a printer from the Name drop down list; (2) click to select the Table Style in the Print style section; (3) check the Only selected rows option in the Print range section; (4) and click the Print button. See screenshot:
So far the selected emails are printed in the chronological order.
If the emails are not sorted by the received date, you need to change the emails’ sort criteria and then print in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder whose emails you will print, and click View > View Settings. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Advanced View Settings dialog box, please click the Sort button.
3. In the Sort dialog box, please select Received from the Sort items by drop down list, check the Ascending option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK button in the Advanced View Settings dialog box.
5. Now you return the mail folder, please print emails in the chronological order with steps we described above.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.