How to print emails in chronological (reverse) order in Outlook?
When printing a batch of emails in Outlook, it always print emails from the most recently received ones to the earliest. But sometimes, I just need to print emails in chronological order. Any ideas? This article will introduce two solutions:
- Print emails in chronological (reverse) order if emails sorted by received date
- Print emails in chronological (reverse) order if emails not sorted by received date
In general, emails are sorted by received time from latest to earliest, and so does the print order in Outlook. Therefore, we can print the emails in chronological order easily with reversing the sort order.
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder whose emails you will print, and click View > Reverse Sort. See screenshot:
2. Select the emails you will print, and click File > Print > Print Options.
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails by clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails by clicking the first one and the last one.
3. Now in the opening Print dialog box, please (1) specify a printer from the Name drop down list; (2) click to select the Table Style in the Print style section; (3) check the Only selected rows option in the Print range section; (4) and click the Print button. See screenshot:
So far the selected emails are printed in the chronological order.
If the emails are not sorted by the received date, you need to change the emails’ sort criteria and then print in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder whose emails you will print, and click View > View Settings. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Advanced View Settings dialog box, please click the Sort button.
3. In the Sort dialog box, please select Received from the Sort items by drop down list, check the Ascending option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK button in the Advanced View Settings dialog box.
5. Now you return the mail folder, please print emails in the chronological order with steps we described above.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.