How to automatically bold or not bold unread messages in Outlook?
Sometimes you need to highlight all unread emails in a mail folder in Outlook, so that you can view them at a glance. And this article will show you the detailed steps to bold or not bold all unread messages automatically in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to configure view settings to bold or not bolder all unread messages automatically in a mail folder in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder where you want to bold or not bold unread messages, and click View > View Settings.
2. In the opening Advanced View Settings dialog box, please click the Conditional Formatting button.
3. Now it opens the Conditional Formatting dialog box. Please click to highlight the Unread messages in the Rules for this view list box, and click the Font button. See screenshot:
4. The Font dialog box comes out. Please select Bold or Bold Italic from the Font style list box, and specify other formatting as you need.
Note: For not bolding all unread messages automatically, please select Regular from the Font style list box.
5. Click the OK buttons successively to close all dialog boxes.
And now all unread messages are bolded (or not bolded) automatically in the selected mail folder.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.