How to save one/multiple emails without attachments in Outlook?
Normally when saving an email in Outlook, all email content including its attachments will be saved together. However, sometimes you may just need to save the email content without its attachments, any ideas? There are two solutions for you:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you need to save one email without its attachments in Outlook, you can manually remove its attachments firstly, and then save the email. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, click to preview the email you will save without attachments in the Reading Pane, and then click any one of attachments to activate the Attachment Tools. See screenshot:
2. Now please go to the Attachments tab, and click the Select All button and Remove Attachment button successively. See screenshot:
3. Now a Microsoft Outlook dialog box comes out. Please click the Remove Attachment button to go ahead.
And now all attachments are removed from the currently previewed email.
4. Keep the email selected, and click File > Save As.
5. In the Save As dialog box, (1) open the destination folder you will save the email to; (2) give a name for the email if necessary in the File name box; (3) Click the Save button.
So far the specified email has been saved without its attachments.
For saving multiple emails without their attachments in Outlook, this method recommends the Detach All (Attachment) feature of Kutools for Outlook to remove attachments from these emails in bulk, and then save them.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the Mail view, select the emails you will save without attachments.
(1) Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails with clicking these emails one by one;
(2) Holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails with clicking the first one and the last one.
2. Click Kutools > Others > Detach All. And then click the Yes button in the popping out Detach All dialog box. See screenshots below:
Note: If you apply the Detach All (Attachment) feature for the first time, it will pop out the Browse For Folder dialog box and ask for a destination folder to save all detached attachments. See screenshot:
And now all attachments in each email have been removed from the Attachment bar, and replaced with hyperlinks as below screenshot shown:
3. Select all emails you detached attachments from just now, and then copy them with pressing the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
4. Open the destination folder in the File Explorer, and then paste the copied emails with pressing the Ctrl + V keys simultaneously.
And now the selected emails have been saved without their attachments in bulk. See screenshot:
Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.