- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoHi Pbj,
Would you tell us which version of Outlook you are using now? Please notice that the methods introduced on this webpage work well with Microsoft Outlook desktop applications. It can not work with Outlook online applications, and Outlook for Mac.
How to delete sent items automatically in Outlook?
Normally sent emails will be saved into the Sent Items folder automatically in Outlook. However, these sent items may be not valuable for you at all. Here, this article will introduce several solutions to automatically delete sent items in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
When you create a new email which you will send to others in Outlook, you can apply the Do Not Save feature for this email to prevent it from being saved.
1. Click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the Message window, please click Options > Save Sent Items to > Do Not Save. See screenshot:
3. Compose the email, and sent it.
After sending the email, it will be deleted automatically before saving in your Outlook.
Note: This method does not work in IMAP email account in Outlook.
You can also configure Outlook options to prevent Outlook from saving all sent items in your Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, go to the Save messages section, and uncheck the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder option. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button.
From now on, all sent items won’t be saved in your Outlook Sent Items folder.
If sent items have been saved in the Sent Items folder already, you can delete all of them automatically with the AutoArchive feature in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, right click the Sent Items folder on the Navigation Pane, and select Properties from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Now the Sent Items Properties dialog box comes out. Please go to the AutoArchive tab, and:
(1) Check the Archive this folder using these settings option;
(2) Please define older email as you need, for example emails modified 2 weeks ago;
(3) Check the Permanently delete old items option. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button to save the AutoArchive setting for the Sent Items folder.
From now on, all old sent items (in our case all emails you sent 2 weeks ago) will be deleted permanently and automatically.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoNot helpful at all. My outlook mail does not have an options or any of the items in a menu bar as shown. I finally checked the SENT atop all the messages, whiched put a checkmark in all past sent messages and hit DELETE. That took care of it.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi Tang,
I've verified the AutoArchive Option is turned off, however the sent emails are still going directly to the Deleted Items Folder.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow do I stop sent emails from automatically deleting?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi Dione,
Could you tell me how your sent emails are deleted? Not saved at all, or automatically deleted by AutoArchive?
If your sent emails are not saved at all, you should check the Save copies of message in the Sent Items folder option in the Outlook Options dialog box.
If your sent emails are deleted automatically by AutoArchive, you should turn off the AutoArchive option.