How to do not save copies of all sent items in Outlook?
By default, the copies of all sent items are saved into the Sent Items folder automatically. However, sometimes you may don’t want to keep the copies of sent items in your Microsoft Outlook at all. Here I will show you how to do not save copies of all sent items in Microsoft Outlook easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To prevent saving copies of sent items in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please do as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Save Messages section, and uncheck the option of Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder.
Step 4: Click the OK button to exit this dialog box.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007, you can following these steps below to prevent Outlook 2007 from saving copies of sent messages easily.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab.
Step 3: Then the E-mail Options dialog box comes out. Please uncheck the option of Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder.
Step 4: Click the both OK buttons in two dialog boxes.
From now on, all sent email messages won’t be saved to the Sent Items folder any longer.
Note: If you are using Gmail account in Outlook, after having the above settings, the Sent Items folder still has one copy of sent message.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.