How to do not save copies of all sent items in Outlook?
By default, the copies of all sent items are saved into the Sent Items folder automatically. However, sometimes you may don’t want to keep the copies of sent items in your Microsoft Outlook at all. Here I will show you how to do not save copies of all sent items in Microsoft Outlook easily.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To prevent saving copies of sent items in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please do as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Save Messages section, and uncheck the option of Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder.
Step 4: Click the OK button to exit this dialog box.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007, you can following these steps below to prevent Outlook 2007 from saving copies of sent messages easily.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab.
Step 3: Then the E-mail Options dialog box comes out. Please uncheck the option of Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder.
Step 4: Click the both OK buttons in two dialog boxes.
From now on, all sent email messages won’t be saved to the Sent Items folder any longer.
Note: If you are using Gmail account in Outlook, after having the above settings, the Sent Items folder still has one copy of sent message.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.