How to create a recurring meeting with exceptions in Outlook?
As you know, recurring meeting will occur at regular interval in Outlook. For instance, a monthly recurring meeting occurs at 9:00AM of the first Monday of every month. However, there might be some exceptions in the entire series occasionally. Therefore, how could you create a recurring meeting with exceptions? Below workaround may help you:
Actually, it seems impossible to create a recurring meeting with any exceptions in Outlook. However, you can create a regular recurring meeting firstly, and then modify or delete some special occurrences as exceptions. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, create a regular recurring meeting as you need in Outlook.
2. Double click to open the occurrence which you will set as exception.
3. In the Open Recurring Item dialog box, check the Just this one option (or Open this occurrence option), and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Now the occurrence is opening in Message Occurrence window. Please make any changes as you need, and click the Send Update button.
5. A Microsoft Outlook dialog box may come out to remind you as following screenshot shown. Please click the Yes button to go ahead.
So far, you have set one exception in the entire meeting series. For more exceptions, please set them one by one.
Note: If you need to delete one occurrence of a recurring meeting as exception, you can do as follows:
(1) select this occurrence in Calendar, and press the Delete key;
(2) In the Confirm Delete dialog box, check the Delete this occurrence option, and then click the OK button. See screenshot below:
(3) Click the Send Cancellation button in the opening Meeting Occurrence window.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSadly this technique no longer works with Outlook 365 as of December 2017. I finally had to make the Occurrence changes on EACH meeting even if most where all the SAME location in the series. Thanks for this article!