How to set default proofing/spelling language in Outlook?
For example, when you type the word of Colour in the British way in an email, this word will be marked as misspelling as below screenshot shown. It will be quite boring to get such misspelling if you type words in British way frequently. Actually, you can easily fix this problem with changing the default proofing language in Outlook.
To set or change the default proofing language in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the new Message window, click Review > Language > Set Proofing Language. See screenshot:
3. Now the Language dialog box comes out, please click to select the new language you will set as default in the Mark selected text as list box, and click the Set As Default button. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
5. And then click the OK button to close the Language dialog box, and close the new email without saving.
So far, you have changed or set the default proofing language to the specified one in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.