How to batch unflag or mark flagged messages complete in Outlook?
It’s always easy for you to flag emails to mark them as important, so that you are able to quickly tell which email is important. However, what if you have already done the job related to the emails and want to mark them complete? Or you just accidently flagged several messages and then want to clear the follow-up flags? To do so, please read on and find out how.
1. Hold Ctrl and click on each flagged message to select multiple items simultaneously.
2. Right click on any of the red flags, and then select Clear Flag in the right-clicking menu.
Outlook has a Quick Steps feature that allows you apply multiple actions to a message with one click. To create a task with text of a message with Quick Steps, please do as follow:
1. In the Mail view, on the Home tab, click Create New in the Quick Steps box.
2. Click Choose an Action to open the drop-down list of multiple actions. Then select Clear flags on message.
3. The name of the action will be filled in the Name box automatically, you can change it if you want. Also, you can set a shortcut key for this action (here I set CTRL+SHIFT+9 as the shortcut key), or edit the tooltip text. Then click Finish.
4. Hold Ctrl to simultaneously click on the flagged messages that you want to unflag, then click on the newly created action; Or press the shortcut key you set. The follow-up flags are then removed.
1. Shift your Outlook view to Tasks by clicking the Tasks button or pressing Ctrl+4.
2. Hold Ctrl to simultaneously click on the tasks (flagged messages).
3. On the Home tab, in the Manage Task group, click on Mark Complete or Remove from List to mass mark the flagged messages complete or clear the fags on the messages.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.