How to Backup and Restore Signatures in Outlook?
If you need to move your outlook information from your old computer to your new computer, you can export all the emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, and notes as a PST file in Outlook and move the PST file to the new computer. But you will find the signatures are missing because signatures are not included in the PST file. So what if you want to use the signatures in Outlook on the new computer? In this tutorial, we will show you the method to backup and restore signatures in Outlook on a new computer.
Note: Here takes Microsoft Outlook 365 as an instance, the steps and descriptions may have some differences in other Outlook versions.
1. In your old computer, copy and paste the following path in the address bar in Explorer:
2. Click the Open button to open the signature folder.
3. After the Signatures folder is opened, you can see all the files.
4. In your new computer, copy and paste the following path in the address bar in Explorer:
And click the Open button to open the folder.
5. You will notice that the signatures folder in the new computer is empty.
6. Now copy the Signature files in the old computer and paste them in the Signatures folder in the new computer.
In the new computer, enable Outlook, now you can use the signatures as before.
1. In the old computer, enable Outlook, Click File > Options.
2. The Outlook Options dialog box pops out. Click Mail in the left pane.
3. Press the Ctrl key, then click the Signature button under the Compose messages section.
4. You can see all the Signatures files in the Signatures folder of the old computer.
5. Repeat the steps above in the new computer. You will find the Signatures folder is empty.
6. Copy the Signatures files in the old computer and paste them in the new computer.
Then the signatures in the old computer are also available in the new computer.
Note: Each signature created in Outlook exists in three different formats: Plain Text (.txt), HTML (.htm), and Rich Text (.rtf). Remember to select all these three formats for each signature.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.