How to Set Appearance Format for Expired Emails in Outlook?
In outlook, after an email expires, the contents in the Folder pane will be greyed out and a strikethrough will be added to the sender’s name or email address. If the expired emails are among a large amount of unexpired, you may find it hard to locate them. In this tutorial, we will show you how to change their appearance to make expired emails stand out, so you can quickly find them.
Note: Here takes Microsoft Outlook 365 as an instance, the steps and descriptions may have some differences in other Outlook versions.
1. Enable Outlook, in the Mail view, you can see the original look of the expired emails.
2. Go to the View tab and click the View Settings button in the Current View group.
3. In the Advanced View Settings: Compact dialog box, click the Conditional Formatting button. Then a Conditional Formatting dialog box pops up.
4. In the Rules for this view section of the Conditional Formatting dialog box, click the Expired email option. Then click the Font button under the Properties of the selected rule section.
5. You can change the Font, Font style, Size, Effects, Color, and Script of the expired messages.
Here I changed the size to Bigger, added an Underline effect, and changed the color to Red. You can see the sample format under the Sample section. Then click the OK button.
6. Again in the Conditional Formatting dialog box, you can see the set format. Then click the OK button.
7. Back in the Advanced View Settings: Compact dialog box, click the OK button to finish the setting.
You can see the changed appearance of the expired emails and quickly identify the expired emails among other emails.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.