How to color code emails by message size in Outlook?
Sometimes we may need to make emails with large size to stand out from the rest of the email messages. So how to make this happen? This tutorial will introduce how to set up a rule to color code emails based on the message size.
Note: Here takes Microsoft Outlook 365 as an instance, the steps and descriptions may have some differences in other Outlook versions.
To highlight email messages over 1MB in the Inbox folder, please do as follows.
1. Enable Outlook, open the Inbox folder, go to the View tab, then click View Settings.
2. The Advanced View Settings: Compact dialog pops up. Click the Conditional Formatting option.
3. The Conditional Formatting dialog follows. Click the Add button.
4. After you click the Add button, an untitled rule is created. Input a name in the Name text box. Here I name the rule as “Messages size over 1MB”.
5. Then click the Font button to customize the color you want to highlight the email messages over 1MB. The Font dialog shows up. In the Color section, pick a color you like, then click OK.
6. Back to the Conditional Formatting dialog. Click the Condition button to set up the triggering condition.
7. The Filter dialog shows up. Go to the More Choices tab. In the Size (kilobytes) section, select greater than in the drop-down list and input number “1024” in the text box. Click OK.
Note: 1MB equals to 1024 kilobytes.
8. Click OK > OK to finish the setting.
9. Now you can see the email messages with a size over 1MB are highlighted in the mailing list.
Note: If you only want to color code the emails with attached files whose size is over 1MB, in Step 7 of the Filter dialog setting, please also check the Only items with checkbox under the More Choices tab and select the one or more attachments option from the drop-down list.
After finishing the setting, you can see that only the email message with attached files whose size is over 1MB is highlighted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.