How to create and print envelopes from the mailing list in Word?
If you have a client or customerlist, and you need to send an update leaflet to all the clients in the list, in many cases you have to write each customer's name and address on the envelopes for the sending. But if there are numerous customer information existing in the list, the writing work will be a huge project. Now, I introduce a trick for you to create and print envelopes from the list in Word.
Office Tab: Brings tabbed interfaces to Word, Excel, PowerPoint...
Firstly, you need to set the envelopes style.
1. Open a Word document and click Mailings > Envelopes. See screenshot:
2. Type the delivery address In the Delivery address box, and in the Return address box, type your return address. Then click Options button. See screenshot:
3. In the Envelope Options dialog, click Envelope Options tab to specify the envelope size, delivery address and return address. See screenshot:
4. Then click Printing Options tab to choose a way that the envelope will be loaded into the printer. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. And Click Print to print the envelope.
6. Then Word prompts a dialog for you to save the return address, click Yes. See screenshot:
7. Check if the envelope printed correctly.
If the envelope didn’t print correctly, try adjusting the Feed method options in step 4.
Now, we need to import the customer list into Word document.
1. Click Mailings > Start Mail Merge > Envelopes.
2. In the Envelope Options dialog, click OK. Then the document is changed to an envelope with the default return address showing at the top left corner. See screenshot:
3. Click Mailings > Select Recipients > Use an Existing List. See screenshot:
4. A Select Data Source dialog is displayed for you to select the file which include the list you want to import, then click Open. Here I select an Excel workbook, after clicking Open button, a Select Table dialog pops up for selecting the sheet which the list existing in. See screenshot:
5. Click OK to close the dialog, and click Mailings > Edit Recipients List, you can see the customers list has been added. See screenshot:
6. Check the person you want to send the letter to in the pop-up dialog. Then click OK.
In this part, you need to specify the information appeared on the envelope.
1. Put the cursor on the middle of the envelope (which is a text box displayed), and then specify a position you want to insert the address. See screenshot:
2. Click Mailings > Address Block to show the Insert Address Block dialog. See screenshot:
3. In this dialog, select the recipient name format you want to insert under Insert recipient’s name in this format section, and you can preview the result in the Preview section after select a name format. See screenshot:
Tip: If you want to know whether the fields in your recipient list match to the required fields or not, please click Match Fields. In the Match Fields dialog, you can decide which fields can appear on the envelope. If you do not want the field showed, click (not matched) in the drop-down list. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, you can see the address block has been inserted into the envelope. See screenshot:
Start to print the envelopes.
1. Click Mailings > Preview Results, and then click and buttons to preview and make sure the names and addresses on the envelopes are correct. See screenshots:
2. Click Finish & Merge > Print Documents. See screenshot:
3. Then the Merge to Printer dialog is displayed, please select a print records to meet your need and finally click OK. See screenshot:
The envelopes are printed.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.