How to transpose rows and columns of table in Word?
Most of you may know how to transpose the contents of rows and columns in Excel, but do you know how to transpose the rows and columns of the table in Word? With the help of Excel, you can easily transpose rows and columns of table in Word.
1. Click the cross button to select and then copy the table in Word. See screenshot:
2. Open an Excel worksheet, and paste the table into the worksheet.
3. Select and copy the table in Excel. Right-click on a blank cell, and then click Paste Special > Transpose(T) from the context menu. See screenshot:
4. After transposing, if some of the borders of the table are dispeared, you can select the table and click Home > All Borders under the Boders drop-down list. See screenshot:
5. Select and copy the transposed table and paste it to the Word document. You can see the differences after transposing as follows:
If you have Kutools for Word, with its Transpose Table feature, you can convert columns and rows in a table with only one click.
|Kutools for Word : with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as this:
1. Select the table that you want to transpose, and then, click Kutools Plus > Transpose Table, see screenshot:
2. And then, a prompt box is popped out:
(1.) If you want to replace the original table with the new transposed one, please click Yes button;
(2.) If you want to put the new transposed table to another place, please clcik No button.
3. In this example, I will click No button, and the new transposed table will be inserted into the Word file, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.