How to combine two or more tables into one in Word document?
In Word, if you have two or more tables needed to be merged into one single table as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly handle it?
You can drag the table to join with another one.
1. Click at anywhere of the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared.
2. Then click on this cross sign to select the whole table, and drag it to place near the table you want to join to.
3. Release the cursor, now the table has been joined to the above one.
Also, you can use the Merge table command in context menu to merge two tables.
1. Click at anywhere of the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared, then select the cross sign to select the whole table.
2. Press Ctrl + X to cut the table, then put the cursor at the place of the table you want to insert the cut table, right click to select Merge table from the context menu.
Now the cut table has been inserted into the table you want.
The Shortcuts can combine tables too.
Shift + Alt + Up arrow to combine with above table
1. Click on the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared, then click the cross sign to select the whole table.
2. Press Shift + Alt + Up arrow until the selected table is joined to above one.
Shift + Alt + Down arrow to combine with below table
1. Click at anywhere of the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared, then click the cross sign to select the whole table.
2. Press Shift + Alt + Down arrow until the table is joined to below one.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.