How to combine two or more tables into one in Word document?
In Word, if you have two or more tables needed to be merged into one single table as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly handle it?
Merge multiple word documents from folders into one
|To combine Word documents from multiple folders into one Word documnet is tedious by copying and pasting one by one, but the Merge function of Kutools for Word can handle it easily. You can add Word documents from multiple folders or add all Word documents from one folder into the Merge Document window, then specify the merge order and type of break, the merge them. Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Word: with hundreds handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
You can drag the table to join with another one.
1. Click at anywhere of the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared.
2. Then click on this cross sign to select the whole table, and drag it to place near the table you want to join to.
3. Release the cursor, now the table has been joined to the above one.
Also, you can use the Merge table command in context menu to merge two tables.
1. Click at anywhere of the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared, then select the cross sign to select the whole table.
2. Press Ctrl + X to cut the table, then put the cursor at the place of the table you want to insert the cut table, right click to select Merge table from the context menu.
Now the cut table has been inserted into the table you want.
The Shortcuts can combine tables too.
Shift + Alt + Up arrow to combine with above table
1. Click on the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared, then click the cross sign to select the whole table.
2. Press Shift + Alt + Up arrow until the selected table is joined to above one.
Shift + Alt + Down arrow to combine with below table
1. Click at anywhere of the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared, then click the cross sign to select the whole table.
2. Press Shift + Alt + Down arrow until the table is joined to below one.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...