How to insert or put a line over text in Word document?
In Word document, we can quickly and easily insert an underline to a word or sentence, but, have you ever tried to insert a line over or above texts? This article, I will talk about how to put a bar or line over texts in Word document.
To insert a line over text, the normal Equation feature can help you to solve it, please do as this:
1. Click where you want to insert an over-line text, and then click Insert > Equation > Insert New Equation, see screenshot:
2. Then, under the Design tab of Equation Tools group, click Accent drop down, and then select Overbar in the Overbars and Underbars section, see screenshot:
3. And then, a bar appears on top of the blank space for writing the equation, then, you should click to select the box, and enter the text that you want to use. And you will get the text with over-line as following screenshot shown:
The Field function also can do you a favor, please do with below steps:
1. Click where you want to insert the over-line text, and then click Insert > Quick Parts > Field, see screenshot:
2. In the Field dialog box, select Eq from the Field names list box, and then click Equation Editor button, see screenshot:
3. And then, a text box is displayed where you can type text or equation, then click Underbar and overbar templates box in the Equation toolbar, and then select the overbar icon, see screenshot:
4. And then, you can type anything in the box over which you want to add a bar. At last, close the toolbar after finishing typing the text, see screenshot:
Here is another simple method, which also can help you, insert the over-line to text, please do as this:
1. Press Ctrl +F9 to insert the field code brackets, see screenshot:
2. Then, enter EQ \x \to() text between the brackets, and then type the text that you want to add the overbar into the parentheses, see screenshot:
3. And then, right click the field code, choose Toggle Field Codes from the right-click menu, now, the text you entered into the field code is displayed with a line above it, see screenshot:
Note: To display the field code to change the text, you just need to right-click in the text and select Toggle Field Codes again.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...