How to create multiple headers or footers in a Word document?
By default, an inserted header or footer will be applied to all pages in a Word document. If you want to create different headers or footers in a Word document, the method in this article can help you.
Please do as follows to create different headers or footers in a Word document.
1. Click on the top of a page where you want to start a new header or footer which is different to the original one(here I click on the top of the page 2), click Layout > Breaks > Next Page. See screenshot:
2. Double click the header or footer section in page 2 to enable the header or footer editing mode. Then click to turn off the Link to Previous option under the Design tab.
3. Change the header or footer content to your needs and click the Close Header and Footer button. See screenshot:
4. Repeat the above steps to change all header or footer contents as you need.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...