How to delete multiple specific pages in a Word document?
In a Word document, you can select the current page content, and then press Delete key to delete the current page easily. But, if you need to remove multiple pages from a large Word file, how could you solve it quickly?
If you want to delete a range of consecutive pages from a Word document, the Go To feature can do you a favor.
1. Launch the Word document that you want to delete pages.
2. Then press F5 key to open the Find and Replace dialog box, under the Go To tab, click Page in the Go to what list box, and then enter the start page number you want to delete from, and press Enter key to go to the specific page, see screenshot:
2. Then, close this Find and Replace dialog box, and press F8 to turn on the Extend mode.
3. Go on pressing F5 key to open the Find and Replace dialog, this time, enter the end page number that you want to delete, and then press Enter key. All pages from 15 to 20 have been selected at once. See screenshot:
4. At last, press Delete key directly to delete these pages at once.
To delete multiple specific pages in a Word file which are non-consecutive, the following VBA code can help you.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Delete multiple specific pages in Word file:
Sub DeletePagesInDoc() Dim xRange As Range Dim xPage As String Dim xDoc As Document Dim xArr Dim I, xSplitCount As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set xDoc = ActiveDocument xPage = InputBox("Enter the page numbers of pages to be deleted: " & vbNewLine & _ "use comma to separate numbers", "KuTools for Word", "") xArr = Split(xPage, ",") xPageCount = UBound(xArr) For I = xPageCount To 0 Step -1 Selection.GoTo wdGoToPage, wdGoToAbsolute, xArr(I) xDoc.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Delete Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then, press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box is popped out to remind you enter the page numbers that you want to delete, please separate the page numbers by comma, see screenshot:
4. And then, click OK button, all the pages you specified have been deleted at once.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019