How to split table horizontally or vertically in a Word document?
If you have a large table in your Word document, now, you want to split the table horizontally or vertically into two or more tables. How could you solve this task in a Word file?
Export / Convert / Save all tables in a Word document as images:
To convert all tables in a Word document to images format, Kutools for Word's Export Table to Images feature can help you to solve this job as quickly as you can.
Kutools for Word: with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Click to Download and free trial Now!
To split one table into two or more tables horizontally, the below methods can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Click a cell in your table where you want to split from, and in the Table Tools tab, click Layout > Split Table, see screenshot:
2. And the table has been split into two tables horizontally as following screenshot shown:
1. To split table to more tables, you just need to repeat the above steps as you need.
2. You can also use an easy shortcut key to split a table into multiple tables, please put the cursor at the cell where you want to split from, and then press Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter keys together to split the table into two parts.
If you need to split a table into two or more tables vertically, please apply the following steps:
1. Firstly, please put cursor below the target table and press Enter to get at least two paragraph marks. See screenshot:
2. Then select the whole columns that you want to split as a new table, and drag it to the second paragraph mark, the original table has been split to two tables as following screenshot shown:
3. Next, you should click the plus sign on the upper-left of second table to select it. And then, drag and place it on the right side of the first table. See screenshot:
4. Now, you can see, the original table has been split into two tables vertically, you can repeat the above steps to split it into more tables as you need.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...