How to auto insert same text in multiple locations in Word document?
Supposing, there is a text string you use frequently that you’d like to insert it in multiple locations of that Word document. To type it again and again manually may waste much time. Are there any quick and good methods for repeating the specified text string in the document anywhere? This article, I will introduce some useful methods for solving this problem in Word.
To insert a text string you used frequently in multiple locations of a Word document, you can insert a bookmark and then create cross-reference to insert it anywhere, please do as this:
1. Select the text string that you want to insert multiple times, and then click Insert > Bookmark, see screenshot:
2. In the Bookmark dialog box, type a name for this text into the Bookmark name box, and then click Add button, see screenshot:
3. Then, go to the location where you need to insert this text string, and then click References > Cross-reference, see screenshot:
4. In the Cross-reference dialog box:
(1.) Choose Bookmark from the Reference type drop down list;
(2.) Select Bookmark text option from the Insert reference to drop down;
(3.) In the For which bookmark list box, select the bookmark name you inserted just now;
(4.) And then, click Insert to insert it.
5. You can put the cursor anywhere and click Insert button to insert the text string without close the dialog box.
Note: If the original text string is changed, you just need to select the whole document content, and then press F9 key to update all fields in the document.
If you have Kutools for Word, with its Auto Text feature, you can insert the text string into the Auto Text pane, then insert the text from the Auto Text pane to the Word file anywhere anytime.
|Kutools for Word : with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as this:
1. Select the text string that you want to repeat, and then click Kutools > Auto Text, see screenshot:
2. In the AutoText pane, please click button, and enter a name and specify the category for this text as following screenshot shown:
3. Then, click Add button to add the text string into the AutoText pane. Now, you just need to put the cursor at the location where you want to insert this text and then click the text string box in the Auto Text pane to insert it. See screenshot:
Tip: If you just want to insert the text as plain text or picture, click at the arrow of text string box, and choose one type as you need.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...