How to create a hyperlink to a specific location within the same Word document?
It is easy for us to insert a hyperlink which linked to other folders, websites, files and so on in a Word document. But, sometimes, you need to create a hyperlink to a specific position within the same document, how could you solve this task in Word document?
To insert a hyperlink that jumps from one location to another within the same document, the following steps may help you:
1. First, you should create a bookmark. Select the content which will be the hyperlink destination, and then, click Insert > Bookmark, see screenshot:
2. In the Bookmark dialog box, type a name for your selected content into the Bookmark name text box, see screenshot:
3. And then, click Add button to close this dialog box. Now, please select the text that you want to create a hyperlink for, and right click, then choose Hyperlink form the context menu, see screenshot:
4. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click Place in This Document option from the left Link to pane, then, select the bookmark name that you created just now under the Bookmarks section in the Select a place in this document box, see screenshot:
5. Then, click OK button, and now, your hyperlink that is linked to the same document has created successfully.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoin the name of the bookmark link there can not be any spaces or the add button will be greyed-out. Just an FYI. -Steve