How to remove all first line indents in Word?
As we know, there are usually indents in first line of every paragraph. However, to meet requirement, sometimes we need to remove all first line indents in Word. Is there an easier way to remove all first line indents instead of removing one by one? This tutorial will introduce you the following methods for removing all first line indents in Word 2007/2010.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Instead of deleting all first line indents one by one, most people would like to use the Format function to remove all first line indents in word document.
Step 1: Highlight the paragraph(s) you want to remove first line indents. Right click on it and click Paragraph command item.
Step 2: In the paragraph dialog box and specify the Special option to None in Indentation section.
Step 3: Click OK to remove all first line indents in document.
Note: this method cannot remove the first line indents by using space characters to indent. It can remove the first line indents by using Tab too.
Of course, if you are familiar with VBA, you also can use a VBA to remove all the first line indents.
Step 1: Press “Alt-F11” to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window;
Step 2: Click Module on the Insert tab, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window;
Step 3: Then click Run button to apply the VBA.
The VBA code of removing all first line indents:
Selection.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphCenter 'CTR+E
Note: this method cannot remove the first line indents by using space characters to indent..
The above methods require a few steps to remove all first line indents, but fortunately there is an easier way to remove all first line indents in document. If you have installed Kutools for Word, you can use the Remove All First Line Indents function to remove all first line indents with one click.
Click Kutools > Remove All First Line Indents on the Remove Idents group. See screenshot:
Note: if you select a part of the document first, it will only remove all first line indents from the selection. If you want to remove all first line indents by using Space characters to indent, please use the Remove All First Line Indent Spaces function.
For more detailed information about Remove All First Line Indents of Kutools for Word, please visit: Remove All First Line Indents description.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoWhen formatting a book the first para of a chapter or section is usually unindented and the rest have indents. Is there a way of having indents in all paras except the first one without going through doing each one separately?