How to remove drop cap in Word?
What is Drop Cap? A drop cap is a large capital letter at the beginning of a text block that has the depth of two or more lines of regular text, it often seen at beginning of novels. The following figure shows one style of drop cap:
How to remove drop cap when you need?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
You can remove drop cap in Word directly. Do the following steps:
Step 1: Select the paragraph contains the drop cap that you want to remove;
Step 2: Click Insert tab, click Drop Cap in the Text panel;
Step 3: Click None.
Obviously, to remove drop cap manually is tedious and time-consuming.
Using VBA code to remove all drop caps from document is easier and faster. You can run Macro with VBA code to remove all drop caps, as follows:
Step 1: Press “Alt-F11” to open the VBA window in Word;
Step 2: Click Module from Insert tab, insert code into Module window;
Step 3: Click Run button to apply the VBA.
The VBA code to remove all drop caps from document:
Dim oRng As Range
On Error Resume Next
For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.Paragraphs.Count
Set oRng = ActiveDocument.Paragraphs(i).Range
.Position = wdDropNone
Kutools for Word provides the easiest and fastest way to remove all drop caps from document. You just need to click Remove drop cap button once, Kutools for Word will remove all the drop caps automatically
Click Kutools > click Remove All in the Clear panel > click Remove Drop Cap from drop down list.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...