and the VBA didnt work as well
How to remove all text boxes in Word?
Text boxes offers users an easy way to manager blocks of text in document. But how to remove them when you formatting a document. This tutorial will show you several ways to get rid of all text boxes from Word document.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
If there are just one or two text boxes you want to remove, you can do as follows:
Step 1: Click inside the text box and press Ctrl+C to copy the text (skip this step if you don’t want to keep the text).
Step 2: Click the border of the text box, press Delete.
Step 3: Repeat step 1 and step 2 until all the undesired text boxes are removed.
While there are too many text boxes you want to remove, and you don’t want to keep the text inside either, VBA code will be great helpful. Please use VBA code to remove all text boxes in document as follows:
1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA window in Word;
2. Click Module in Insert tab, and insert the VBA code into Module window;
3. Click Run button to apply the VBA code (or press F5);
The VBA code to remove all text boxes without keeping text:
Sub Test() Dim oShp As Word.Shape Dim i As Long For i = ActiveDocument.Shapes.Count To 1 Step -1 Set oShp = ActiveDocument.Shapes(i) If oShp.Type = msoTextBox Then oShp.Delete End If Next i End Sub
Note: This VBA code can only remove the drawing text boxes.
You can remove all text boxes but keep their contents or remove both text boxes and their contents in document with Kutools for Word.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > Remove All Text Boxes. See screenshot:
2. If you just want to remove the text boxes and keep the text, please check Just remove text box, and keep the text option in Remove All Text Boxes dialog, then click OK. If you want to remove both the text box and the text, please uncheck it.
3. Then a dialog box is popping up to tell you how many text boxes are removed successfully, please click the OK button.
Then you can see all text boxes with or without contents are removed from the document. See screenshots:
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Kutools for Word includes more than 100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Word. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download the free trial now!
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agothnx ,,but it says kutool removed 0 text boxes..
and the VBA didnt work as well
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoi want to remove all single rows