How to remove all text boxes in Word?
Text boxes offers users an easy way to manager blocks of text in document. But how to remove them when you formatting a document. This tutorial will show you several ways to get rid of all text boxes from Word document.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
If there are just one or two text boxes you want to remove, you can do as follows:
Step 1: Click inside the text box and press Ctrl+C to copy the text (skip this step if you don’t want to keep the text).
Step 2: Click the border of the text box, press Delete.
Step 3: Repeat step 1 and step 2 until all the undesired text boxes are removed.
While there are too many text boxes you want to remove, and you don’t want to keep the text inside either, VBA code will be great helpful. Please use VBA code to remove all text boxes in document as follows:
1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA window in Word;
2. Click Module in Insert tab, and insert the VBA code into Module window;
3. Click Run button to apply the VBA code (or press F5);
The VBA code to remove all text boxes without keeping text:
Dim oShp As Word.Shape
Dim i As Long
For i = ActiveDocument.Shapes.Count To 1 Step -1
Set oShp = ActiveDocument.Shapes(i)
If oShp.Type = msoTextBox Then
Note: This VBA code can only remove the drawing text boxes.
You can remove all text boxes but keep their contents or remove both text boxes and their contents in document with Kutools for Word.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > Remove All Text Boxes. See screenshot:
2. If you just want to remove the text boxes and keep the text, please check Just remove text box, and keep the text option in Remove All Text Boxes dialog, then click OK. If you want to remove both the text box and the text, please uncheck it.
3. Finally, you will see all the text boxes are removed from the document. See screenshots:
Note: The Remove All Text Boxes utility of Kutools for Word can remove all kinds of text boxes. For more information about this utility, please visit here.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016