How to select all word objects in Word?
Sometimes we insert some word document objects in Word document. How to select all inserted word document objects in Word? This tutorial will guide you to select all embedded word document objects.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Instead of selecting one by one, the VBA is an easier way to select all embedded word document objects
VBA code can select all embedded word document objects, do as follows:
Step 1: Press Alt+F11 to open VBA window;
Step 2: Click Module from Insert tab, put the code into Module window;
Step 3: Click Run button or press F5 to apply the VBA.
The VBA code to select all word document objects:
Dim tempTable As InlineShape
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each tempTable In ActiveDocument.InlineShapes
If InStr(tempTable.OLEFormat.ProgID, "Word") = 1 Then
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Actually, there is a more convenient and quicker way to select all inserted word document objects in Word. You do not need to study VBA. After installing Kutool for Word, only one click will help you quickly select all embedded word document objects in whole document or in the selection.
Click Kutools > click Paragraph Select in Paragraph group > click Select All Embedded Word Objects Paragraphs from drop down list. See screenshot:
Note: if you make a selection in the document first, this tool will only select all embedded word document objects of the selection.
For more detailed information about Select Embed Word Object Paragraphs of Kutools for Word. please visit: Paragraph Select feature description
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...