How to insert diagonal line to table in Word?
Diagonal line is used to split table header cell and set names to a row or column items. It can make the data in table be shown more clearly. How to insert diagonal line to the table? This tutorial will show you the different ways to do it.
Users can insert diagonal line into the table header by setting the table borders and shading. Do the following steps in Word2007/2010:
Step 1: Click in the cell you want to insert a diagonal line into.
Step 2: Click Design tab in the Table Tools, click Borders in Table Styles group;
Step 3: Click Borders tab, select Cell from Apply to drop down list, click diagonal line button;
Step 4: Click OK.
If you want to want to insert the different style diagonal lines to the table, do as follows:
Step 1: Click Insert tab, click Shapes in Illustrations panel;
Step 2: Choose from Lines;
Step 3: Draw the header by cursor like painting with pen. You can draw any style you desire;
Kutools for Word provides the easiest way to insert diagonal line and set captions to table header for Word 2007/ 2010/2013/2016.
|Kutools for Word, with more than 100 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
Click Enterprise > click Diagonal Header in the Table panel;
After clicking Diagonal Header, Kutools for Word will show the Diagonal Table Header box. You can choose the Header Style and set the captions in it, also can change the font size.
Setting Diagonal Header window as figure above, click OK, see screenshot:
Easily Split one word document into multiple
|Generally, we use copy and paste to split a Word document one by one, but the Split Documnet utility can split a Word document based on page, heading1, page break or section break, which will improve the work efficience . Click for full-featured free trial in 60 days!|
| Kutools for Word: with hundreds handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. |
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agothank you so much.........................................
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothx_____________
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks! I worked perfectly! :lol: