How to change and open default file location in word?
How to change the default file location in Microsoft Word? How can we quickly access or open the default file location directly in Word? This guide will show how to change and open the file location in word.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Normally we can change the default file location in Word as follows:
Step 1: In Word 2010/2013, Click File > Options > Save.
In Word 2007, Click Office button > Word Options > Save to pop up the Word Options dialog. See screenshot:
Step 2: Click Browse of Default file location to specify a file folder you want to set as the default file location in Word, and then click OK.
With Kutools for Word, you can quickly and easily open default file location in Word with one click.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > Open Default Save Location. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Open Default Save Location, it will automatically open the default save location in your computer.
For more detailed information about Open Default Save Folder of Kutools for Word, please visit: Open Default Save Folder description.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoI'm using Microsoft 2016 and the above recommendation doesn't work for me. Your instructions explain how to set the default SAVE location, but not the default OPEN location. Specifically, I set the default (SAVE) location to E:\My Documents ...and this works fine. However, when I click OPEN and BROWSE, it always defaults to E:\myname\Documents <--I don't keep any documents here. How do I tell Word to default to my desired OPEN location?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agofor julie at local 455