How to find or open Startup folder location in word?
How do we quickly access the Startup folder location in Word? This tutorial will introduce you two methods to find and open the Startup folder location in Word.
When we want to open Startup folder location, we may have to know where the Startup folder location is first.
Step 1: open the VBA Editor (Alt-F11) in Word.
Step 2: In the VBA Editor, opening the immediate window (Ctrl-G)
Step 3: Typing in Msgbox Application.StartupPath >> hitting Enter to pop up the dialogue below
Step 4: And then you can go to open the Startup folder location according to its file path.
Method 2 ：
Alternatively, you can get the path of Startup folder location and find or open the Startup folder as follows:
Step1: Click File > Options > Advanced (in Word 2010) or Click Office Button > Word Options > Advanced (in Word 2007).
Step 2: Click File Locations to bring up the File Locations dialog. In the File Types list, choose Startup.
Step 3: Click the Modify button (even though you won't be modifying anything.) to displays the Modify Location dialog box. Select and copy the path name for Startup folder in the Look In drop down list at the top of the dialogue
Step 4: Click File > Open, then paste the Startup folder in the address bar at the top of the dialogue and press Enter button to open the Startup location.
Note: In the file type dropdown list, select All Files.
With the Word Startup Location of Kutool for Word, you can open the Startup location with one click.
Click Advance > Open Folder > Word Startup Location on the File group, see the screenshot
For more detailed information about Word Startup folder of Kutools for Word, please visit: Word Startup Folder description.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...