How to select multiple shapes or objects in word?
How can you quickly select multiple shapes or objects in Word? This article will show you the following tricky things to select shapes or object quickly in your document.
Select multiple adjacent shapes or objects at once:
1. Click Select > Select Objects under Home tab. See screenshot:
2. Draw a box over the shapes or objects to select them all at once. See screenshot:
Note: press the Esc key can release the selection.
Select multiple non-adjacent shapes or objects at once:
1. Click Select > Selection Pane under Home tab. See screenshot:
2. Then the Selection pane is display on the right side of document, and all objects are listed out. Please hold down the Ctrl key, click on the object name one by one to select them at once. See screenshot:
If you want to select all shapes at once time in current document, the select Shapes utility of Kutools for Word will do you a good favor. Please do as follows.
Just click Kutools > Shapes. See screenshot:
Then all shapes in current document are selected immediately.
Kutools for Word includes more than 100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Word. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoThanks for your knowledge guys!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years ago2000 symbols left
1981 symbols left
1962 symbols left
1943 symbols left
1924 symbols left
1905 symbols left
1886 symbols left
1867 symbols left
1850 symbols left
1829 symbols left
1810 symbols left
1791 symbols left
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoNot 'SHIFT or CTRL', but 'SHIFT and CTRL', to select multiple shapes or objects.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoDoes not work in word 2010. Holding shift/ctrl does not work.
the guys who designed it need firing
the guys that agreed to put this out to market were even more stupid