Excel Formula: Add or Subtract Days to Date
In Excel, you can use formula to add or subtract a specific number of days to the current date (today) or a future or past date.
|Date: the date you used to add days or subtract days. It cannot be text, or the formula returns #VALUE! error.|
|Days: a number represents the number of days you want to add or subtract from the given date. It cannot be text, or the formula returns #VALUE! error. If it is a positive number, the formula will add days, if the argument days is a negative number, the formula will subtract days.|
How this formula work
To add 49 days (placed in cell C3) to the date placed in cell B3, please use below formula:
Press Enter key to get the result.
1. If the result is a serial number, click Home > Format Number drop down list to select Short Date or Long Date to format the result as date.
2. If you want to directly enter date and days in formula, please combine the DATE function in to the formula as below screenshot shown:
3. If you want to add or subtract days to the current date, you can use the formula as this:
4. In Excel, date is stored as serial number for better calculation. In default, 1 indicates Jan 1, 1900. Thus, you can directly add days to a serial number to get a date. As 25/1/2020 is 43855 days after Jan 1, 1900, you can use the formula like this:
Then format the result as date.
- Get Or Calculate Age From Birth Date In Excel
In Excel, there are some useful functions, such as YEARFRAC or DATEDIF which can help you to get the age from the birthday quickly and easily.
- Extract Or Get Date Only From The Datetime In Excel
To extract only date from a list of datetime cells in Excel worksheet, the INT, TRUNC and DATE functions can help you to deal with this job quickly and easily.
- Get Week Number From Date In Excel
In Excel, how could you get week number from the given date quickly and easily? Normally, the WEEKNUM function can help you to solve this task as quickly as possible.
- Get Work Hours Between Two Dates In Excel
The NETWORKDAYS function in Excel can help you to get the net workdays between two dates, and then multiply the number of working hours per workday to get the total work hours.
- Excel Date Function
DATE function can help us to combine year, month and day numbers from separate cells to a valid date.
- Excel WEEKDAY Function
WEEKDAY function returns an integer number from 1 to 7 to represent the day of the week for a given date in Excel.
- Excel WORKDAY Function
The WORKDAY is used to add a specified number of workdays to a started date and returns the future or past date in a serial number format.
- Excel WORKDAY.INTL Function
WORKDAY.INTL function adds a specified number of workdays to a start date and returns a workday in the future or past.
- Excel YEAR Function
The YEAR function returns the year based on the given date in a 4-digit serial number format.