Excel DOLLARFR function
Contrary to the DOLLARDE function, the DOLLARFR function converts a dollar value expressed in decimal notation to a dollar value expressed in fractional notation (including the integer part and a fraction part) based on given fraction, which helps in securities prices.
Decimal_dollar (Required): It is the decimal number needs to be converted;
Fraction (Required): The integer used in the denominator of the fraction.
1. If the fraction is a decimal, it will be truncated to integer;
2. The #NUM! error occurs when the fraction is less than 0;
3. The #DIV/0! error occurs when the fraction is equal to or greater than 0 and less than 1;
4. The #VALUE! error occurs when either of the arguments is non-numeric;
It returns a decimal number.
As shown in the screenshot below, to convert each dollar value expressed in decimal notation in B6:B13 into a dollar value expressed in fractional notation based on the corresponding fraction in C6:C13, you can do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell (here I select a cell D6 next to the first fraction), copy or enter the formula below and press the Enter key to get the result. Select this result cell and then drag its AutoFill Handle down to get other results.
Notes:In the formula, in addition to using references to cells, you can directly type in the dollar price and the fraction such as: =DOLLARDE(1.125,8).
Excel DOLLARDE function
The DOLLARDE function converts a dollar value expressed in fractional notation (including the integer part and a fraction part) to a dollar value expressed in decimal notation based on the fraction you specify.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.